One of the jewels of the Centre Park Historic District, this circa 1873 Second Empire retains the quality of a bygone era. Originally built for James H. Sternbergh who made sure only the finest of materials would be used for the construction of his private residence. The property is presently zoned as mixed use with three income producing apartments. However, the grand main house and adjoining carriage house can be used for a variety of uses. Youll be amazed at how the original architecture has been maintained on this historic property including the stately front doors, wrap a round porch, and rooftop iron cresting. Step inside to the large entry foyer featuring polished black slate wainscot and imported Minton tile floor. The spacious main hall leads to the grand staircase along with a side entrance hall. The main floor features a large main parlor with walnut French doors of beveled glass. Across the hall is the orginal formal parlor with original fireplace, mantel mirror, built in window shutters and amazing gas chandelier. The adjoining dining room features a built in china closet, fireplace, and access to side porch. A small butlers pass through leads to what had once been the original kitchen featuring original built in cupboard, wood wainscot, and back staircase. Upstairs youll find a large hall leading to two very spacious bedrooms, both with access to the adjoining balcony. There is also a third bedroom off the back staircase, two full baths, plus a library/study. And owners kitchen. Third floor features a full one bedroom apartment, access from the main staircase. The property also featues the orginal carriage house which has been converted to two one bedroom apartments for additional income.
FREE AUTOMATED EMAIL UPDATES